From having two (almost full time jobs) and about twelve credit hours of classes this last semester you would think that I would find unemployment the best idea since expanding my cheese selection. Who knew, a large uninterrupted break! Yeah that lasted for about two weeks, and then Kyle went back to work… and while I occupy myself, right now for example I am patiently waiting for reference letters so that I can apply for a job with Portland Public Schools. That would be a sweet job, I really hope that I can be interviewed and picked for the position. So there are perks to unemployment.
- Playing with Nora
- Randomly doing stuff, whenever.
- I was able to do a lot of stuff to settle in, that I normally wouldn’t have been able to do, had I a job.
- Free weekends and evenings to cuddle and spend time with Kyle.
However, the flip side to that argument is that I spent 4 1/2 years in college, and I have about $9,000 in debt from college. Also it’s a real buzz kill when job application after job application is rejected because “I don’t have enough experience in the field”. A company should not state they are entry-level, if they are indeed looking for more than “entry- level.” [end rant]
Why unemployment has its downs:
- I know Kyle gets it, and he knows that I’m looking it is just rough not being able to contribute financially.
- I think about all of the debt we have to pay off in 6 months from my education, and then I think about how I spent 4 1/2 years of my life in a undergraduate degree program. That’s why you go to college to better yourself and find a job you want, right?
- I am used to doing SO MUCH… and now it’s the opposite.
- Lack of human contact, rawr.
I know this isn’t a new concept, unemployment, I have friends who have been in my shoes a few of them for half a year— and I know that there is a well thought out plan for me in store, it’s just hard to be patient. So here’s to hoping for the best.
In other news, if you didn’t already know we have a cat! Her name is Nora, and she’s amazing, and really random.
This is Nora folks… she’s pretty spectacular.
We also have a Wii now, it was a late wedding present to ourselves. It’s pretty spectacular folks.